Re: baobob and other delights

Good luck to you son Jesse. That must be difficult for you. My son is now 18 and I can't imagine.

David
http://www.atouchofthetropics.net
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 8:35 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] baobob and other delights

It truly is amazing. My son, who is now in Fallujah, called me last
Sunday and said besides the SMELL and stench of the place, the hardest
thing for him to get used to is the lack of GREEN stuff. No grass, no
plants. He said, "Mom, all is see is dirt, rocks, sand...and more dirt,
rocks and sand...it's 80 degrees here and no green to be seen!" So I
mailed him some dirt in a zip-lock baggy, some wheat (cat grass) seeds
and a shallow dish so he could grow something green in his tent. I'm
sure he'll laugh about that...but hey...it's GREEN!

David Franzman <dfranzma@pacbell.net> wrote:
Hello Jesse

No, I have no idea. It's amazing when you see gardens and plants from
around the world isn't it? We live on a pretty diverse orb~

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jesse Bell"
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 7:26 AM

Hey Dave!! Do you know what those garden sculptures would made of? The
ones sitting on the fence and the two Mexican type sculptures sitting
around a planter? Almost looks like terracotta but can't tell from the
pictures. Nice pics by the way.

Jess

David Franzman wrote:
Hi Kitty

Thanks for sending those around. My address book is such a disaster and it
has thousands of names so sorry if I didn't send to you directly.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kitty"
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 1:53 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Re: [CHAT]RE: [CHAT] Re: [CHAT] FW: Fw: C2C)C/ C"C#C)

I forwarded to about 15 chat people, assuming that other recipients would
pass it on too. This is why I used the To field instead of Blind Copy, so
you could see who already has received it. Please respond to Gardenchat
any comments about it rather than a reply to all when you get it since
that
might cause problems in their mailboxes. Also, I apologize if I sent it to
anyone whose inbox can't accommodate such a large file. Note: Please
don't send to Marge - she is one who I know can't handle such lare files.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bonnie & Bill Morgan"
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 4:24 PM
Subject: [CHAT]RE: [CHAT] Re: [CHAT] FW: Fw: C2C)C/ C"C#C)

They are pretty amazing! I enjoyed it immensely. I hope Dave lets the
photographer know how much we all enjoyed the photos!

Blessings
Bonnie