Re: Iraq

Thanks Donna. I wish we could just bring them all home.
Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 1:48 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Iraq

oh no....

kitty, I thought Sam was done with his tours over
there and home for good. Sigh.

Jesse, I can only imagine your heartache with him over
there.

Both, as well as all the other soldiers I don't know
are in my prayers for a safe return.

Donna

--- Jesse Bell <silverhawk@flash.net> wrote:

Oh Kitty...I'm so sorry to hear that. That seems to
happen more often
than not. My son signed up for 4 years...I'm sure
this won't be his only
tour over there. Makes me crazy.

Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote:
My nephew Sam was sent to Iraq again early this
month. His hand was not
completely mended from being broken, which makes it
very difficult for this
MP to shoot a gun.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jesse Bell"
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 11:35 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] baobob and other delights

> It truly is amazing. My son, who is now in
Fallujah, called me last
> Sunday and said besides the SMELL and stench of
the place, the hardest
> thing for him to get used to is the lack of GREEN
stuff. No grass, no
> plants. He said, "Mom, all is see is dirt, rocks,
sand...and more dirt,
> rocks and sand...it's 80 degrees here and no green
to be seen!" So I
> mailed him some dirt in a zip-lock baggy, some
wheat (cat grass) seeds
> and a shallow dish so he could grow something
green in his tent. I'm
> sure he'll laugh about that...but hey...it's
GREEN!

> David Franzman wrote:
> Hello Jesse
>
> No, I have no idea. It's amazing when you see
gardens and plants from
> around the world isn't it? We live on a pretty
diverse orb~

> David
> http://www.atouchofthetropics.net
> ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Jesse Bell"
> Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 7:26 AM
> Subject: Re: [CHAT] baobob and other delights
>

>> Hey Dave!! Do you know what those garden
sculptures would made of? The
>> ones sitting on the fence and the two Mexican
type sculptures sitting
>> around a planter? Almost looks like terracotta
but can't tell from the
>> pictures. Nice pics by the way.
>>

>> Jess
>>
>> David Franzman wrote:
>> Hi Kitty
>>
>> Thanks for sending those around. My address book
is such a disaster and
>> it
>> has thousands of names so sorry if I didn't send
to you directly.

>> David
>> http://www.atouchofthetropics.net
>> ----- Original Message ----- >> From: "Kitty"
>> Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 1:53 PM
>> Subject: [CHAT] Re: [CHAT]RE: [CHAT] Re: [CHAT]
FW: Fw: C2C)C/ C"C#C)

>>>I forwarded to about 15 chat people, assuming
that other recipients would
>>>pass it on too. This is why I used the To field
instead of Blind Copy, so
>>>you could see who already has received it. Please
respond to Gardenchat
>>>any comments about it rather than a reply to all
when you get it since
>>>that
>>>might cause problems in their mailboxes. Also, I
apologize if I sent it
>>>anyone whose inbox can't accommodate such a large
file. Note: Please
>>>don't send to Marge - she is one who I know can't
handle such lare files.

>>> Kitty
>>> neIN, Zone 5
>>> ----- Original Message ----- >>> From: "Bonnie & Bill Morgan"