Re: small tiller/cultivator

OK- just to add one final twist- apparently there is a version of the Mantis tiller available, but with a Honda 4 stroke engine- from AM Leonard Co. Here's the link-

I have officially reached information overload status.

James R. Fisher wrote:
Theresa W wrote:
yep- that's the one I'm thinking about too- but Chris has some difficulty with it, so I think I need to see one up close in person to see if I think I can leverage it adequately given my height (or lack there of).

I'd be interested to know what you think of it when you see/buy one.
James R. Fisher wrote:

James R. Fisher wrote:

Theresa W wrote:

Does anyone own one of those small tiller/cultivators? If so, do you like it and which brand. The one I always hear about are the Mantis- but I have know idea if they do much of anything or not.

I had a Mantis for a number of years; as Kitty says, it does a good
job for its size. But I found it difficult to start (2-cycle) last year
so gave it away and am going to try a 4-cycle Honda mini-tiller,
model number something like E-100.
Several years ago Jesse said she got one and loved it, you might drop her
a line.

Revision: The Honda I was thinking of is model # FG-110, price $379.
You can see it at: http://hort.net/+1iqX .