Re: small tiller/cultivator

Donna, from your descriptions over the years re hubcaps, snowblowers, bowling pins, seasonal decorations, techical equipment, etc, I would think your house would be absolutely bursting at the seams. You could probably fill a small warehouse! I think the biggest problem is that it takes far less time to acquire things than to get rid of them. And acquiring is more fun. You are one of the busiest people I've ever heard of so I can see why you wouldn't have the time to eBay. As for garage sales, location is very important. My sister always brings her stuff to my garage sales because I get a lot of traffic - much of it because of my plants.

I think I'm the only person on my block w/out a snow blower. It would take up too much space for the value it would provide. I have a very nice ergonomic snow shovel that does a great job. My lot is only 60 feet wide and my reasonably short driveway is only a single car width. And you know, shoveling very early or very late at night when everything is very quiet is a very nice experience. I don't like the noise of a snow blower.

neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2007 6:17 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] small tiller/cultivator

Ahhhh... now I understand! I suppose you have cans of nuts and bolts but
always need to go to the store to buy some for each new project too?

And I am sure my DH could complain about all of my stuff as well....
Although garage sales don't work in my neighborhood, they do in Vera's.
For the last 6 months I have been boxing up stuff and we plan on selling
it off.... or something!

I guess my biggest gripe is 'having' what is needed to do the job, but
not using it... I don't think any of those snowblowers have been started
in 5 years.... and Kitty- the stair and oversized snowblowers were given
to us by other folks who didn't want to store them anymore....
everything ends up at my house!

Richard Apking <redfour@omni-tech.net> wrote:
 I would have thought that all of you gals bashing us guys would realize
that "he who dies with the most stuff wins".