To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 9:47 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] small tiller/cultivator

The fact that you all can even list what is in your garage is impressive to me.

Theresa

james singer wrote:
Well, to start with, there's no room in there for a car--unless it was dismantled, and even then it would be a questionable fit. It's a one-car garage; I don't know why, but it's the only one-car garage on the street. Along one wall are storage shelves and an upright freezer. Across the back is washer, dryer, water heater, and storage shelves. Along the other side are a couple of shelving units, a computer desk, and a work bench. Part of the work bench is home to a cassette deck, used to convert cassettes to CDs, some seed-starting units, and a food dryer. Down the center of the garage is a double row [back-to-back] of storage shelves. All the shelves are filled with stuff--some of it used often and/or useful [paper products, canned goods, canning supplies, hurricane/emergency-preparedness stuff]; countless jars of nuts, bolt, nails, screws, wall anchors, washers, cup and picture hooks, and stuff that can only be labeled "I-wonder-what-this-goes-to." There is a large accumulation of VCR tapes--maybe 300 or more--that we no longer watch and should be pitched, but for some reason never are. There are hand sprayers for every conceivable concoction--RoundUp, fish emulsion, Miracle-Gro, serious herbicide, horticulture oil, boric acid--and, of course, all the bottles and jugs of the concentrated material. There are boxes of irrigation replacement parts and assemblies.