To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 3:52 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] anybody planting out there?

Are you kidding?  After the cold we have been having I don't know
when we will ever be able to plant.  We can't even get down to the
garden.  The hillside and steps are still a sheet of ice from the ice
storm two weeks ago.  The temperature is above freezing - 33.7
degrees - for the first time in a week.  Temperatures have been in
the teens and single digits every night, and not out of the low 20s
in the daytime.  What this has done to the daffs and flowering
shrubs that were ready to pop in January, I hate to think.  We have
always planned on planting peas on St. Patrick's day or the nearest
weekend - can't see doing that this year for the first time in the
37 years we've been here.  Some global warming!
Auralie
http://www.aol.com.