Re: It's spring now

Theresa, thanks -- actually I have been wondering if perhaps the zauschneria need a sunnier location. It is not full sun where they are. When I first moved to this house I laid out a dry / sun bed but it turns out to be shadier than I thought at the height of summer. Cistus and artemisia and sedum are doing great. It doesn't get much water.
--Barb Tandy, Grass Valley CA
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 8:35 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] It's spring now

Well- the only thing I do is have it in blazing sun, gets watered by the irrigation system for everything else, and yearly I try to rip it all out of the ground, without success. So- maybe if you try to kill it, it will live for you too?? I got mine from CornFlower Farms natives nursery locally, so that might also have helped as it grew used to our climate.

sundrops@earthlink.net wrote:
Theresa, I can't even get zauschneria started! Any hints appreciated. It seems to die out from the plants I set out whether I water more to get them started or not -- Yes things springing very fast here too but at least this means the deer are going somewhere else -- my hill is the last resort from late fall - early spring.
--Barb, Grass Valley  CA