RE: grape vines

Where are you?  I have grape vines which frequently leaf and bud out before
our last freeze (although I'm not sure we will have that problem now) and
survive.  It may depend on the variety but if you normally have warming and
freezing they will have to survive it in later years.  My grapes tend to
begin to bud out at the first warming spell.  I would plant and mulch well.

Bonnie Zone 7/7 ETN