Re: Quiet today

Come to think of it, it must seem kind of odd in Barrow, too. Land of the One AM Sun and all that.

On Mar 9, 2008, at 7:45 PM, james singer wrote:

Right, right, and right... but north and south matter, too. The closer you are to the equator, the closer you are to 50-50 light-dark no matter what the calendar says. So in places like Hilo, if must seem like a very odd ritual.

On Mar 9, 2008, at 8:31 PM, Kitty wrote:

I think much depends on where you are within the time zone; Aualie is further east.
The following are tomorrow's sunrise and sunset for each of us:

Jim,         Rise: 7:44a, Set: 7:36p
Auralie,   Rise: 7:15a, Set: 6:57p
Kitty,       Rise 7:59a, Set: 7:42p

Even at sunrise, it's not really fully light enough yet to go without lights in the house. It takes a litttle while.

I'll be going to work in the dark at 7:30 am.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2008 2:02 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Quiet today

But if it's a bright day, as it is here, you won't have to turn the lights
on until an hour later this evening.  I'm surprised that you needed
lights until 8:30 this morning.  The sun was in our eyes as we left
for church at 7:30 this morning, and I thought our days were shorter
than yours until the equinox.  I don't mind getting up early, and I
really enjoy the longer evenings.
Lots of trees down and power outages around here, though we
escaped this time.  We had to make a detour on our way to church,
and the power was out there, so we all huddled together for a short
service in the cold.
Auralie

In a message dated 3/9/2008 2:51:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,