RE: Quiet today

Same here...only our horses are NOT quiet. We have big metal feeders
that hang in the stalls and they have learned how to pick up the bottom
of the feeder and drop it so you hear this loud BANG sound. They do it
over and over again until you get out there and FEED them. Our llamas
are quiet...but they all line up at the fence and stare you down until
you feed them. No weekends for farmers. All the critters get you up.

"Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CG/SCSRT" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil> wrote:
  Oh wow, you lived in one time zone and worked in another? That would be
really bizarre. You'd have to have one of those watches with the dual
time zones or something.
Our animals make sure we are up early too but I always figured it was a
learned behavior. We get up at 5 for work and so do they, but they don't
know weekends, so at 5 the cats are wandering around the bed, the dogs
are begging to go out, and by 6 the sheep are bellowing to be fed. At
least the horses are quiet although you can see their heads craned
towards the house waiting for us.
I always thought when we retired we could gradually retrain everyone to
get up later.

Cyndi