From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of james singer
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 2:50 PM
To: Garden Chat
Subject: [CHAT] Exodus

Today it looks like it's going to work out, so I guess I ought to fess
up. There are three items on the agenda: 1. Ms Fatma has left me; 2. I
am going to lose this place; 3. Squinty and I will be moving on.

1. Yes. Ms Fatma is gone, getting a divorce, she says. I feel kind of
sad that it didn't work out, but life's like that--good days, bad
days--but it's never the end of the world, just the end of the
arguments.

2. No doubt; I'm going to lose this place. Between the insurance rate
hike and Ms Fatma bailing out, I am not able to make the payments on
the house. So I quit trying. I may have two months before they throw me
out. When this became clear, I tried to put the house on the market but
ran into a number of realtors who did not want to list an "as-is short
sale." Not enough money in it, they said. So I asked a friend to post a
notice on a rare fruit chat list that innumerated most of the
subtropical fruit trees I've planted and groomed and, lo and behold, I
have unearthed a Roman Catholic priest [no, not Gregor Mendel] living
abroad who wants to buy it. So this may work out.

3. My sister says she has a spare bedroom that Squinty and I can share.
So we'll be moving to Oregon. Not sure when... but before they throw me
out of here in all likelihood.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W