From: Cathy Carpenter <cathy.c@insightbb.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:28:33 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Ailing Hibiscus

Dave and Everyone -
My lovely hibiscus seems to be ill! I have kept it inside, in a south
facing window, and fed and watered it regularly. Several months ago, I
pruned it after it flowered, and repotted it. Despite my efforts, it
has been dropping leaves: they begin to yellow, and then parts of each
leaf literally brown and dry. I am convinced that it won't be long
before the plant dies. Very depressing. I looked at the leaves - for
critters, and didn't see any (of course my eyes are not the
greatest...), but sprayed them with insecticidal soap, just in case.
Any other ideas???

Cathy, west central IL, z5b (Where I planted peas: regular and snow