Ah, spring

When we left for the State Garden Club meeting on Tuesday, I
was delighted to see the first two buds of my white Hellebore
peeping up.  I looked forward to having my first spring blooms,
other than a few feeble snowdrops.  When we returned yesterday,
guess what!  The deer had taken them.  I had carefully planted this
particular Hellebore almost under a Mugho pine that the deer have
not yet tasted, hoping that the prickly pine needles would protect
the Hellebore.  Oh well.  So far they have not taken the darker
blooms of the purply-greeny one that I don't really like, but that
blooms much more heartily than the white.  It figures - if I like it,
so would they.
It's sunny here today, and a few daffodils are showing buds.  Maybe
the deer won't develop a taste for them yet.  Here's hoping.
Auralie

Home.