nursery scam

  • Subject: nursery scam
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 18:34:13 -0500

Any of you who purchase wholesale or have friends who purchase wholesale, please be aware of scam invoices. I just received an invoice which INCLUDED MY FULL NAME, asking me to remit payment via PayPal for my order form Peaceful Valley Nursery for various wholesale lots of liners and divisions.

My first inclination was an email reply back that someone was playing a prank; I didn't order it. But the fact that they had my full name, puzzled me.

They provided a link for me to pay through PayPal, but I suspected that using the link could invite problems. So I thought I'd just go to their website and notify them through channels. And then, looking closer, I thought that PVN was in Missouri somewhere; this showed NC. I checked and there is one in NC, but the area code and address were different. Hmmm... they showed they were shipping to me at my location in PA. ???