Re: my gardening outing

  • Subject: Re: my gardening outing
  • From: Donna <gossiper@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:24:04 -0700 (PDT)

packaging wasn't addressed.  But somewhere in the back of my mind I recall
they they actually send the plants to the garden centers as plugs to be
potted, but I could be wrong since most pots have their name on it... maybe
someone else knows.
They talked about the cultures of plant material and seperating the virus's
out etc.  All their products are genically changed to be seed sterile.
Interesting that part of your cost also goes back to the orginial breeder and
showed the example of some third world poverty area means allot to that area,
as well as the casual gardener.  Pretty high tech how they create all the
plants in cultures none come from seeds and tested in the three main areas of
the world so they will be suitable for all climates.  Many of their speakers
discussed the the usage of natural products to combat issues, but the head guy
(John) didn't really say.  But I can see the waste of gloves/coats as they are
constantly changed out in the labs to keep samples pure.  Guess there really
isn't a way around that part but I am sure they are filling a landfill.  It
was depressing to see that only one plant test site is in the US
(california)...sigh, even plants we buy are so to
 speak, are not made in America as the production costs are once again being
paid to another country.
One of the speakers James Baggett did a whole presentation on bird and wild
life with many referances about going green.
Also Emily Voth also discussed using natural products and how misleading
packaging can be.  She sells soap etc and I would love to work for her.  She
played a video of her company and employees, including all the dogs...who are
welcome to come to work with their owners, although they are not allowed in
the production area.  It was a real hoot.  She produces 5 products that are
labeled for proven winners.