Re: Miller in April

  • Subject: Re: Miller in April
  • From: Jesse Bell <justjess01@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 08:19:48 -0500

Exactly.  I have actually had people stop and ASK me about my farm animals
and if I composted the manure.  They would be interested in buying some for
their gardens.  So - I'm saving up for a composter that works fairly fast
and my husband is building me a three sided, cinder-block containter to dump
it in when it's "done".  He has a front end loader/scoop on his tracter and
he can scoop it up and dump it in the back of a pick-up bed for me.  I'm
serious about starting it up.
In the past, I just scooped up what I needed for my small compost area...the
one that the chickens discovered and removed by scratching it all out.  Have
to find a way to keep my chickens out of it!!!

On 3/26/09, james singer <inlandjim1@q.com> wrote:

> On second thought, it could be a really good idea. Not many people, me
> included, have access to manure from herbivores.
>
> On Mar 26, 2009, at 2:49 PM, james singer wrote:
>
> Agreed. That's funny... except with all the sudden interest in container
>> gardening on condo balconies and such, it might work.
>>
>> On Mar 26, 2009, at 2:34 PM, Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI
>> wrote:
>>
>> I remembered something funny, don't know if I mentioned this before or
>>> not...you all know I have that website with the gardening catalogs
>>> right? So a couple months or so ago I got an email from a nice person
>>> asking for her company to be listed. She sells manure...packaged in 8 oz
>>> bags...to make "manure tea" with. For like $10. There's even gift packs.
>>> And it's from her own animals!
>>> I shouldn't make fun or anything because, sheesh, go for it if you can
>>> get it...but I did laugh. I'd be a millionaire if I could sell all the
>>> poop at my place.
>>>
>>> Cyndi

>>> pick...horse, cow, llama, chicken, goat....as soon as I can save up for

--
Jesse R. Bell