Re: it appears to be that time again...
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: it appears to be that time again...
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 21:51:47 EDT

We escaped the worst of the storm this time around.
We have an inch of water in the downstairs rooms, but
that will eventually go away.  Our neighbors to the south -
down-county about ten miles away have suffered the sort
of damage and power-outages we had two weeks ago.  I
think all the trees that could come down and cause damage
around here did so at that time.
We had a team working here today, and will again tomorrow,
to try to clean up some of the damage.  There is hardly a
single tree or shrub on the place that has not suffered some
breakage.  They are going to rent a chipper to try to reduce
the enornous pile of broken branches.
I don't think I will be able to plant peas this St. Patrick's day,
for the first time in many years.  For one thing, I am much too
tied up with jobs to take time off for such pleasures.  But
the ground is still frozen, and digging would be difficult.  I am
really torn about the garden this year.  Last year so many
seeds were just eaten in the ground by chipmunks, it seems
like there's not much point in planting again.  But, of course
I will.
Auralie

In a message dated 3/15/2010 7:21:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,