Re: Spring...

Forsythia is beginning to bloom here about three weeks ahead of "normal."
For several years in the 60s and 70s I went to Florida for my grandmother's

birthday on April 12.  On the way to the airport I would see forsythia in
bloom in the Bronx and on Long Island, but it wouldn't be out here until
I returned a week later.  That seemed to be the standard.  But not this
year.  The weather has been so up and down the poor plants don't know
what to do.  The poor magnolia had put out buds earlier that were nipped
in last week's cold snap.
In a message dated 3/29/2010 7:50:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
inlandjim1@q.com writes:

We had an iris bloom last week--almost 2 months ahead of "normal".