Last rain of the season, maybe
  • Subject: Last rain of the season, maybe
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:59:17 -0700

We are having yo-yo weather too, it was pretty nice tho breezy last week
but it's raining today. I am worried as once again I have a cat missing,
she must have gotten out yesterday evening and I didn't notice her gone
until this morning. I'm telling myself that when the other one got out
she showed up after an entire week and that turned out okay, so this
will too.
I had my first harvest from the vegetable garden! Just a few green
onions, but still. My peas look pretty good. I peeked under the row
cover where I planted the greens: spinach is up, some cilantro, not much
chard. Very disappointed not to see any lettuce. Then - D'OH! - I
realized I hadn't planted it yet. So that went in. I was going to move
the tomatoes out to harden off on Sunday but then we got the weather
forecast, they even threatened very low snow levels, so they are still
in the greenhouse.
My lilacs are starting to bloom and most of the daffodils are gone. I
have a few poppies in the garden, none in the "unimproved" areas, but
there are some goldfields. Out in the desert there are a lot of
goldfields and some poppies but I have not heard any glowing wildflower
reports nearby.
Had my 3 front sycamore trees trimmed Monday. Ouch that was expensive
but they look so much better than when I had the cheap company do it.
You get what you pay for around here.