Re: Re: dwarf cannas

> From: Island Jim <jsinger@igc.org>
> personally don't like cannas, but among those of you who do, have
any of
> you tried "tropicanna," which was introduced a couple of years ago?
it's
> purple foliage make it attractive to me. if it wasn't a canna, i'd
probably
> plant some.

Aw come on, Jim...put your prejudice aside and get one. The foliage
is fantastic...you won't even think of it as a Canna:-)
Interestingly, I don't find it as prolific as 'Wyoming', which has
purple foliage, for which I grow it...don't care much about Canna
flowers; it's the foliage I want:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade