mystery plant

Well gang, being a sucker for red foliage, I had a major lapse at the
grocery store this eve. and bought a big pot labeled Pepinier 'Red
Sister'.  Thought I'd just do a Google and find out what it was and
what it wanted.  HA!  Google has never heard of this as a plant.

It's too dark to get the old digicam going, but thought I'd post and
see if anyone has ever heard of this or anything similar.

Plant has a leaf not unlike a Canna, but it has a stem sorta like a
Dracaena, but I do not think it is in that family.  New leaves are
pink to almost magenta red, aging to more of a burgundy/green.
Leaves on aging do not stand erect. Leaves maybe 18" long.  New
foliage arises from the center of the older leaves.

It's just marginally possible it might be some kind of Philodendron,
but, Jim, it doesn't really look like your red one that you sent the
photo of.

Anybody game to take a stab at this with no image?  I will get one
tomorrow when it's light and put it up.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade