Re: Viola 'Dancing Geisha'

In a message dated 05/18/2003 4:28:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kmrsy@earthlink.net writes:

> Auralie, a friend gave me Viola 'Dancing Geisha' several years back.  Nice
> little violet, not particularly vigorous.  We also have it at our Display
> Gardens.  It hangs in there, but doesn't spread around as you'd hope and
> expect it to.

Would it do well in a large container planted with miniature roses?  I'm
afraid if I put it out in the garden it will just be lost, but if it's up in
a container it will be more likely to be seen.
I am trying out several new combinations in my  "container garden"  near the
kitchen door.  I usually grow cherry and smaller tomatoes in large hanging
pots, and have basils, Thai Hot peppers, 'Music Box' sunflowers, nasturtiums,
etc. in the big containers, but I would like something a bit different this
year.  So far I have planted several miniature roses, with the little blue
lobelia as "groundcover" in the pots.  I have seeded in Sweet Alyssum, but it
hasn't come up yet.  Also a pot of the shorter pink Cosmos - can't think of
the name right now.  Last year I had Morning Glory 'Tie Dye' in the pot with
the sunflowers and trained up the wall.  It was quite a sight, so I'll do
that again.  I was going to put some of the things out today, but they are
predicting a hard frost tonight.  Darn!