Re: Since we are on id'ing and stuff....

Reference the hosta -- it looks like one of mine! My DH stepped on it just as its leaves were poking through the ground, inflicting crushing damage on most of them. That "weed" looks interesting. I usually let the interesting ones grow until they demonstrate they have no redeeming social value.
Cathy