organic fertilizers- mad cow

Hi all-

I was listening to the news of the mad cow case in Canada just before going
out to fertilize my garden this AM, and it gave me pause to wonder if there
are any risks to humans handling things like bone meal, blood meal or
manure?  Does anyone have info on this?  I guess is that everything is
subjected to such heat in the processing of these products, that there
probably isn't a concern, but I'd love to know if anyone has any research
based info about it.

SAC, CA sone 8-9