Re: Garden junk, flea markets, etc.

Yeah, but I guess that I couldn't eat potatoes I grew once I looked into their eyes!!

Jesse Bell <silverhawk@flash.net> wrote:
Fran, call a local bowling alley, tell them that you want any old
bowling balls that are damaged and to please call you instead of
throwing them away. They are usually very good about giving them away.

We buy our critters at auctions and sales like that too...but we don't
eat them. I bought the Muscovie ducks to help with the bug/mosquito
population on our three ponds. Bought the Guineas for the same reason.
My husband is into the goat thing for profit, but we don't eat them. I
find it funny that so MANY gardeners are vegetarians, or close to being
vegetarians. I'm the same way.

F M Ferrari wrote:
Whew! I'm not sure how I could handle the crowds since I really hate
people bumping into me or shoving. But the one here in Oklahoma City is
also a zoo too! I swear that they could open a probation/parole office
there.

There are several vendors selling plants, veggies, fruits in addition to
being able to buy chickens and other animals. I avoid the animal section
since they are really there for folks to buy and eat. I can't eat
anything if I've seen its soul through its eyes!

I have found lots of wrought iron for the garden. Some really great stands for pots. Now I'm inspired to look for a bowling ball!

Fran, OKC

wrote:
You mean First Monday? Yep, it's just 30 miles away. I've heard it's a
TOTAL zoo. Give it wide berth myself but I'm not much for crowds and I
hate shopping except for plants and garden stuff. Anything else? I can't
be bothered.

Pam Evans
Kemp, TX
zone 8A