RE: todays experience

If you get a chance, e-mail me off list with a way to contact them for a
catalog please.

Many of the garden centers/nurseries around here have gone under in the
last few years... surprising with all I spent there :) I suppose a few
hour ride to the Chgo area might lead to somewhere interesting, but
finding them vs the normal ones could be difficult.

I live 40 miles south of Chicago, so traffic and construction would make
that a 3 hour round trip for me. Here we don't have much, closest
grocery store is 15 miles away. Lots of corn fields around here.

Doubt I would ever order from Gene-- but I could see me taking a ride
there and picking some goodies up... have thought about doing that for
years now, and some time I will..... Unfortunately I have limited amount
of shade, so mostly use sun plants, which was very strange for me when I
first moved here.. always been a shade gardener....talk about a cultural
shock as everything burned up in the sun! :)