From: Kitty [mailto: kmrsy@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 00:16:54 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] more new plants

Great plants Melody. I picked up a Spiderwort last week
<mhobertm@excite.com><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Friday, May
a plant sale at a local farm today and my, oh my! What a treat.<br>> A
couple of older folks who had lived and gardened prolifically in
the<br>> same place for 40 years...what amazing gardens they have!! Of
course,<br>> before I left there I had gotten their name and phone
number plus an<br>> invitation to return in a few more weeks when the
daylilies come into<br>> bloom. They have in excess of 100 cultivars of
daylilies alone! They<br>> were selling off their divisions of
daylilies, hostas, etc. I bought a<br>> few and they gave me a few more
as freebies for the kids when my kids<br>> started telling them all
about their own garden patches. Here is what I<br>> got

bought a Huechera "Dales' Strain"<br>><br>> All of this on top of
another local plant sale I went to at our community<br>center over the
2 spider wort<br>> 1 yucca<br>> 2 Hemerocallis "Diamond
Coleus<br>><br>> No cultivar names for most of this stuff...just things
people dig up and<br>> bring to a sale, but I am perfectly okay with not
already in the ground, now I have to<br>> plant the stuff from today .
Ohmigoodness...what happened to my plan not<br>> to buy any more plants,
just rearrange what I already have? :-) Yeah,<br>> like that plan was
5/4)<br>><br>> "The mo

st beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious."<br>> --Albert
Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com<br>> The most personalized portal
on the Web!<br>><br>>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com