Re: Buddha's Hand

It's a rather uncommon citrus; here's a link to a picture of the fruit

http://plantsdatabase.com/showpicture/26605/

On Monday, May 10, 2004, at 08:25 PM, Andrea H wrote:

I think you might have to splain that Lucy....Buddha's Hand Citron?????

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC

----- Original Message ----- From: "james singer" <jsinger@igc.org> To: <gardenchat@hort.net> Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 5:13 PM Subject: Re: [CHAT] todays exper... or What's Up

Interesting about Wal-Mart, Fran.

Not too long ago, I found a Buddha's Hand citron at our local Wal-Mart.
In fact there were three of them [grafted; 7 gallon; under $20], and
there aren't that many more-sophisticated nurseries that even know what
they are!

My take is that if you know plants well enough to recognize healthy
from ill, you can often find some amazing selections in places like
Kmart, Home Depot, Target, and Lowes, as well Wal-Mart. So I tour their
garden centers whenever I go there--and sometimes I make tours of them
all, just to see what's up.