From: Donna  [mailto: justme@prairieinet.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 19:30:13 -0500
Subject: RE: [CHAT] mulch

You are lucky Auralie... wish I had the stuff to make my own
mulch...<br>not much here yet... heck, I am still going over to the
older<br>neighborhoods and stealing leaves in the fall to cover my
plants...<br>geesh....my neighbors are about to have me committed as it
who doesn't use commercial mulch? I<br>> won't<br>> say I have never
bought mulch - some years ago I invested in a few<br>bags of<br>> cocoa
hulls for a bed that needed more help than I could provide,
it. Other than that I use<br>> compost, leaves, pine needles and well
rotted wood chips the tree man<br>> leaves us when<br>> we have tree
work done. The chips have to rot for two or three years<br>> before<br>>
they are good for mulch. Lots of my neighbors use that awful
hideous. Maybe I'm<br>backward.<br>>

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com