Beetle eating rose blooms

Hi all, I have a friend....that sounds a little fishy doesn't it? Anyway, I
really do have a friend who has these odd little beetles eating her rose
blooms. they have attacked the Graham Thomas, and the Louie Philippe. the are
now moving on to the Dahlias. She took a really good digital picture of it and
asked me to see if someone on the list can identify it. I suppose it could be
a Japanese beetle, but truthfully, I've never seen a real one as we don't
normally get them here. I have heard they're moving into the area.

So, is anyone interested in checking out this photo off-list and giving an ID
a whirl? Please let me know.

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC