From: Jesse Bell [mailto: silverhawk@flash.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 10:02:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Re: [CHAT] Kitty's mites now neem

Fran, I see those little red bugs in my garden too. They are tiny,
mite<br>size, but not microscopic...'bout half the size of an aphid and
shaped<br>kind of like a spider or tick. Never been bitten by one...but
when I see<br>them, there are usually a bunch of them all over a rock or
in one<br>specific area. Don't know what they are. Maybe it's an Okie
wrote:<br>chiggers ya reckon? do the bites itch like H when you get
gardenchat@hort.net<br>Subject: Re: [CHAT] Kitty's mites now
neem<br><br>> I don't know what these tiny red bugs are but they pack a
wallop of a<br>> bite! Haven't seen webbing so I guess that I'm
Franzman wrote:No Fran, that's not the one. You really can't see them
with the unaided<br>> eye. I used to be able to but my sight is going
down hill. They are less<br>> than the size of a pin head and they are
incapable of biting. They stick<br>> they long straw like sucker into
leaves and suck out the chlorophyll. If<br>> you have a really bad
problem you can see their webbing over the tips of the<br>> plants.
Otherwise the leaves looked mottled yellow/green. Common on<br>>
houseplants. Anyway, they would be herbivores and not carnivores.<br>>
www.atouchofthetropics.net<br>> <br>>
hort.net -- join the hort.net fund

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com