From: Andrea H [mailto: hodgesaa@earthlink.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 20:52:05 -0400
Subject: Re: [CHAT] weather

That's so weird that all of you are having such warm temps and rain
up<br>there. It is positively gorgeous here. Cool nights, sunny, breezy
days,<br>about 80 degrees. We JUST started getting steamy maybe
yesterday. It is<br>horrible dry though. We desperately need some
Message ----- <br>From: <Aplfgcnys@aol.com><br>To:
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 11:46
had a couple of 90 degree days already. Last<br>week<br>> was cooler,
and rain was predicted but only light showers developed.
This<br>week<br>> has been in the upper 80s and it looks like going to
90 again today.<br>Again<br>> rain was predicted but only showers. I
really hate it when we are this<br>dry<br>> going into the summer. I
have not planted a lot of things, hoping for<br>more<br>> moderate
conditions, but today I found that slugs are getting into
my<br>holding<br>> space, so I guess I'd better get them out of there.
After the late<br>start - things<br>> were really slow starting -
everything seems to have just exploded out of<br>the<br>> ground. My
carefully selected six-weeks span of daffodil varieties all<br>> bloomed
in a two week period. Spectacular, but frustrating.<br>> This morning I
was greeted by four open blooms on my tree peony -<br>yesterday<br>> the
message dated 05/12/2004 11:36:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time,<br>>
weather?!? Is everyone having a strange season?<br>> ><br>> > Here in
Zone 5, May should not be consistantly in the 80's! It is so<br>> > darn
hot out already... geesh....what will the warm season bring! It<br>> >
also has been wet, like rained every day, some violent storms. My
trays<br>> > of annuals to be planted (hey, the last frost date is May
15th here-<br>> > HA!) have not even had to be watered in this heat..
with this h

eat and<br>> > rain, my yard is becoming a jungle and things that should

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com