Re: mulch NOW Names

In a message dated 05/13/2004 5:13:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jsinger@igc.org writes:

> That kind of stuff never fails to amaze me, Auralie. When I was in
> college, I had a good friend named Richard Anthony Dwyer II. His
> parents were divorced and he lived with his mother. During our period
> of friendship, Richard discovered that his re-married father had sired
> another son that he named--guess?--Richard Anthony Dwyer II.

When I worked for the Air Force in the dim dark ages there was a Master
Sargent - can't remember his name - who had two sons by two wives (sequential not
concurrent) both named after himself.  But what amazes me more is our neighbor
named John who has named his sons John and Ian (that's really John, too).

Logans don't run to juniors in this generation, though my oldest son is James
Venable L., IV, named after my DH's older brother who was III, and his father
who was Jr.  He has named his son James Venable V.  That grandson has joined
the Navy and complains that they get his records mixed up with his father's,
who spent four year in the Navy in the 70s.

I never had a daughter, but if I had she would not have been named for me.
Nor is my one granddaughter, thank goodness.