Re: mulch NOW Names

Any swans in your background, Lida?

On Friday, May 14, 2004, at 10:38 AM, <mlrasmus@rockwellcollins.com> wrote:

This whole name thing is really interesting.

I agree, Theresa! I almost ended up being named after a friend of my
parents - Mary Martha - who was called "M-squared" for short. Glad I
missed that one, HA!
I love the name Martha, but in high school everyone shortened it to Marty.
That wasn't very unique, so in college I changed the spelling to Mardi.
Felt much better.
The cool part is that my middle name is Lida, after my mother, and a great
aunt in her family. My grandmother was Mary B. She was Quaker and the B
didn't stand for anything, as that would have been too presumptuous.
A good friend's daughter couldn't pronounce Martha when she was little, so
I'm also called M by good friends. No wonder I feel like I have multiple
Martha Lida

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
Zone 10