Re: Plant disaster/ups versus usps

David, I do understand what you're saying, but things are  not that way here.
 UPS does deliver on Saturdays - I frequently have jobs delivered on Saturday
by UPS so that I can take advantage of two weekend days on a tight deadline.
Also the postal service does not deliver packages to us at any time of the
week.  They leave a notice in our box that we can pick up the package the
following day.  They even do this with express mail which is supposed to be a
next-day service.  My son in Washington state agrees with you about FedEX, but it is
much the most reliable service in this area.
 I had told these people what I needed the plants for and when, and they
never indicated that they would send them by parcel post.  On $125.00 worth of
plants you would think they would have realized that would not work.  I would
have gladly paid a higher shipping cost in order to receive good plants when I
wanted them, and they would have saved a bundle, too.
Add to that, it really hurts me to think of the nice plants - and I can tell
they were nice when they started - that were treated that way.
Auralie