Re: todays experience

Ah...thanks for the clarification.  I agree that what you're
describing is more lack of interest than lack of imagination.  I
think, because hort. is such a vast topic, that people, and
nurseries, tend to concentrate on relatively limited areas - whatever
originally was their prime interest and maybe something on the
periphery that seems to work.  If something is way outside of that
area, then they aren't interested in pursuing it.  I remember asking
Tony Avent once if he wanted some of a tender bulb I'd been given
hundreds of by a guy in New Zealand and he said thanks but no
thanks...there had to be a limit and I think that's the operating
thing here.  Not lack of imagination but the limit that gets set for
whatever reason.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net>
> RE > > > I'm not sure, Kitty, that it's lack of imagination on the
buyer's
> > > For some it is.  Tree nurseries that branch off into perennials
for
> > example.
> >
> > Not sure I follow you on this one, Kitty??
>
> Marge, horticulture is a vast field.  There are some people who can
seem to
> know it all, but I have noticed that people more often have special
> interests and just a peripheral interest in other hort areas.  I
was
> introdued to a MG yesterday whose main areas are kids, food, and
> construction.  He asked if I'd like to help on his current project.
 But I