Re: Way OT - Fedex Ground

I would think they would all have access to Billy Gates's Map Point program. Every job I send out of the nursery has a site map tucked in the work order.

Wasn't always like that. When I first went to work at the nursery, a crew transplanted the wrong queen palm on the wrong lot. So maps. At least the lot will be right; what the crew does after they get there is still up for grabs. Sort of.

On Wednesday, May 19, 2004, at 07:24 PM, Kitty wrote:

Chuckle...that reminds me of the christmas presents I sent my sister in
Lethbridge, AB. They hadn't been delivered and UPS tracking indicated a
problem. I called UPS, they gave me the 800 # in Canada, so I could talk to
the Canadian UPS people. Very nice people but for some reason their driver
could not find 7th street. She asked if *I* would give her directions.
Don't they have maps?????? We finally had them change the delivery to her
office at the university. That they could find.

Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: <Zemuly@aol.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 2:12 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Way OT - Fedex Ground

I'll certainly never use FedEx Ground again. You all probably know that
FedEx's int'l headquarters is in Memphis. LaGrange (where I live) is 40
miles
east of there on what is one of Memphis's main thoroughfares. (There are
no
turns at all.) FedEx Ground couldn't find it! I had to call the
warehouse, speak
with the driver and give him specific instructions on how to find this
town.
zem

http://www.hort.net/funds/

Island Jim