Re: OT: antivirus software

And neither does Unix.

On Thursday, May 20, 2004, at 04:41 PM, Tchessie wrote:

You don't need an old OS system installed- just not a microsoft one. Linux
virtually never gets viruses!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Kitty
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 11:06 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT: antivirus software

Thanks, Theresa. I don't need it but will file for future reference. The
nice thing about having an older computer is that these idiots don't bother
attacking older operating systems usually. All of the latest scares were
directed at Windows 2000, NT, or XP users. There are no patches, and no
need for patches, for those of us still on Windows 98. Someday I will need
a new computer and I think I might request an old OS be installed!