Re: /schools/chef

In a message dated 05/20/2004 8:27:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dfranzma@pacbell.net writes:

> Judy, I still love my cabon steel knives I first got them in 1978.
> Unfortunately, now they don't look so good as compared to the stainless
> steel knives that all the up and coming chefs use.

My carbon steel knives have worn down through the years I have used and
sharpened them until they are much shorter than when new.  And one recently lost a
tip.  It has become very thin and lost a couple of inches in length, and
developed a real arc in its blade, but I am sorry its tip is gone.  Of course
anything that has been in constant use for 40 years or so does show wear and tear.
I love these knives and hope they last out my time.   I don't want to have to
start over with new knives.