Re: An impromptu swap....A very nice surprise

> From: gardenqueen@academicplanet.com
> I have the sanguinium (sp?), the Biokovo and the Claridge Druce.
> Johnson's Blue can't handle the heat down here as I found out the
> way. Pity.

Pam, see if you can get your hands on one named 'Brookside'. Think it
was developed (bred?) or introduced by Brookside Gardens - not far
from me in MD.  Anyway...this is its 2nd year and it is holding and
blooming its head off - unlike 'Johnson's Blue' who was always anemic
and disappeared as fast as it could, no matter where I put it.
Brookside has blue flowers, very similar in my memory to 'Johnson's
Blue'...it is one that behaves something like 'Claridge Druce'...tall
and wants to sprawl out and intermingle with other plants when in

I got 'Midnight Reiter' at a plant sale this week - could not resist
that purple foliage.  Anybody growing that?  If so, how's it doing
for you.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland

who is not long for this computer....shot her wad in the garden
today....gotta go to bed!

Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi
All Suite101.com garden topics :