From: james singer [mailto: jsinger@igc.org]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 10:54:18 -0400
Subject: Re: [CHAT] vacation to florida

Bring your shades, hats, and sunblock. You'll need all
three.<br><br>There are many botanical places of interest. Within an
hour or two of <br>Orlando are Harry P. Leu Botanic Gardens in Orlando,
Bok Tower in Lake <br>Wales, University of South Florida Botanic Garden
in Tampa, and Selby <br>Botanical Garden in Sarasota. If you get to
Miami, Fairchild Tropical <br>Gardens in Coral Gables is great. I would
put all of those on a &quot;must <br>see&quot; list. If you get to
Sanibel, be sure to tour the Edison and Ford <br>complex in Ft. Myers.
Neither Thomas nor Henry were much into gardens, <br>but there are some
interesting plantings.<br><br>Some of the commercial
&quot;gardens&quot;--Busch [Tampa], Epcot [Lake Buena <br>Vista],
Cypress Gardens [Winter Haven, if it's open again] and Sunken
up for a visit if our schedules jibe.<br><br>On Sunday, May 23, 2004, at
12:19 AM, Melody wrote:<br><br>&gt; Looks like my family and I will be
heading to Florida in late <br>&gt; July/early<br>&gt; August for a
couple of weeks. I have a brother who lives near Orlando<br>&gt; with
his familly and I haven't seen him since my dad died. Free
lodging<br>&gt; at his place, so it'll be a good trip. So, what
botanical places must <br>&gt; we<br>&gt; not miss? I'm so fortunate
that my husband and kids love this stuff as<br>&gt; much as I do and
will have no problem dragging around to places. Jim:<br>&gt; we're
specifically planning on a trip down to Sanibel/Captiva Islands,<br>&gt;
so was wondering if we could pop in for a visit on our way back
(Z 5/4)<br>&gt;<br>&gt; &quot;The most beautiful thing we can experience

    http://www.excite.com<br>&gt;

The most personalized portal on the Web!<br>&gt;<br>

&gt;
Support hort.net -- join the hort.net fund drive!<br>&gt;
Florida<br>Zone 10<br>27.0 N, 82.4

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com