From: Kitty [mailto: kmrsy@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 16:49:44 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Iowa storms

We had an afternoon deluge, 1.5 inches in about an hour, on Friday;
then<br>again that night. Saturday was clear until about 3:40. Got dark,
some<br>wind, but apparently rained everywhere except where I was - at
the MG plant<br>sale at the extn office. Rained again last night.
Somewhat cool &amp; overcast<br>today, Sunday, but now it's storming to
I'm happy enough. We had enough time Friday to set up the sale<br>and
Sat it was clear and lots of customers for the plant sale.I think
we<br>beat the record for $ taken in for May. With so many people
putting in so<br>much effort, I would hate to see it rained out. We
don't have a place big<br>enough to hold it
&lt;Cersgarden@aol.com&gt;<br>To: &lt;gardenchat@hort.net&gt;<br>Sent:
Sunday, May 23, 2004 2:25 PM<br>Subject: Re: [CHAT] Iowa

. Talked with my daughter this morning, they<br>&gt; only lost one
window, granddaughters car was damaged some by the hail.<br>They<br>&gt;
live about 2 miles N of Madrid on Hwy 17 (SW of Ames) on an acreage.
Hwy<br>17 was<br>&gt; closed btwn them &amp; Madrid and was also closed
S of Madrid. The town of<br>Madrid<br>&gt; was flooded badly. They got 5
1/2&quot; last evening. Red Cross was setup in<br>&gt; town this
morning. We had about 3&quot;. It has been sprinkling off and
two nights noone was seriously<br>hurt.<br>&gt; Our warning systems have
become very sophisticated. The tv stations stay<br>&gt; ontop of it. No
usual shows only weathermen giving directions and<br>warnings.<br>&gt;
One was even dressed in shorts last night as I am sure he was at
I am sure the pro golfers think all we have is bad weather. !

 Since<br>&gt; Allianz has been here it has always been nasty storms.
The first yr they<br>were run<br>&gt; off the greens and had much
damage. Looks like we will not dry out much<br>this<br>&gt;
Support hort.net -- join the hort.net fund drive!<br>&gt;

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com