From:  [mailto: gardenqueen@academicplanet.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 06:08:43 -0500
Subject: Re: Re: [CHAT] Iowa storms

Hope we'll be hearing from Mardi this morning. Saw the pictures on the
5:59:57 PM<br>To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>Subject: Re: [CHAT] Iowa
storms<br><br>&gt; Ceres: So glad to hear you came through without too
much trouble. We<br>&gt; donn't get any DM stations here but oour Cedar
Rapids stations carry<br>&gt; state wide doppler and I could see how bad
thing we can experience is the mysterious.&quot; <br>&gt; --Albert
Einstein<br>&gt; <br>&gt; --- On Sun 05/23, &lt; Cersgarden@aol.com &gt;
wrote:<br>&gt; From: [mailto: Cersgarden@aol.com]<br>&gt; To:
gardenchat@hort.net<br>&gt; Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 15:25:18 EDT<br>&gt;
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Iowa storms<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Melody, we are soggy
but fine. Talked with my daughter this morning,<br>&gt; they
&lt;br&gt;only lost one window, granddaughters car was damaged some
by<br>&gt; the hail. They &lt;br&gt;live about 2 miles N of Madrid on
Hwy 17 (SW of Ames)<br>&gt; on an acreage. Hwy 17 was &lt;br&gt;closed
btwn them &amp; Madrid and was also<br>&gt; closed S of Madrid. The town
of Madrid &lt;br&gt;was flooded badly. They got 5<br>&gt; 1/2&quot; last
evening. Red Cross was setup in &lt;br&gt;town this morning. We<br>&gt;
had about 3&quot;. It has been sprinkling off and on this<br>&gt;
&lt;br&gt;morning.&lt;br&gt; Amazing with all the storms the past two
nights noone<br>&gt; was seriously hurt. &lt;br&gt; Our warning systems
have become very<br>&gt; sophisticated. The tv stations stay
&lt;br&gt;ontop of it. No usual shows only<br>&gt; weathermen giving
directions and warnings. &lt;br&gt;One was even dressed in<br>&gt;
shorts last night as I am sure he was at the Allianz
&lt;br&gt;golf<br>&gt; tournaments. Do you get DM stations?&lt;br&gt; I
am sure the pro golfers think<br>&gt; al

l we have is bad weather. Since &lt;br&gt;Allianz has been here it has
al!<br>&gt; <br>&gt; ways been nasty storms. The first yr they were run
&lt;br&gt;off the greens<br>&gt; and had much damage. Looks like we will
not dry out much this<br>&gt; &lt;br&gt;week.&lt;br&gt; Hope all is well
with Mardi.&lt;br&gt;<br>&gt;
hort.net -- join the hort.net fund drive!&lt;br&gt;<br>&gt; <br>&gt;
Excite! - http://www.excite.com<br>&gt; The most personalized portal on
the Web!<br>&gt; <br>&gt;
Support hort.net -- join the hort.net fund drive!<br>&gt;

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com