Re: Re: Iowa storms now Nebraska

We didn't get hit too hard in Alburnett - lots of heavy rain, high wind,
and some hail.  A tornado touched down just west of us in Palo.  Major
flooding in the area, but we thankfully escaped that.  Saw a car washed off
the road on my way home Friday PM - the emergency folks were just pulling
the occupants out of the vehicle in the middle of a rampaging stream that
is usually a farm field.  Glad I was forced to stay at work until the major
storm cells passed, even though I really didn't want to spend an additional
two hours here at the end of a long week.  As it was, it was still
raining/blowing so hard on the way home that water came in through the
cracks around the windows in the car!
Hope everyone else is safe.  Wish I could send some of this rain to you,
Pam.  I think I've emptied 2 inches out of my rain gauges every other day
for the past week.
Be sensible in storms - the Cedar Rapids Gazette had a picture of a elderly
lady with two black eyes on the front page of Sunday's paper.  She had been
looking out her basement window during the storm and was hit in the face by
a flying board.