Re: kittys sales and aphids->mealybugs

Cersgarden@aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 5/27/04 8:34:53 PM, garrideb@well.com writes:

<< root mealybug >>

How did you find this out? Assuming this is a mealybug residing on the root, what were the symptoms?
You have mealy bugs, you scrub them off so none can be seen,
then 2 days later they're back again and you wonder about
spontaneous generation... If you unpot the plant you can see
them on the roots. I had a serious infestation on/in the roots
of some orchids that I was growing under lights. Took the lot out
under a tree and gave them one or two soil drenches with Orthene
or Cygon and away they went. This was in the days before Imidacloprid.
The latter in granular form isn't cheap.
P.S. This is the second sending of this msg.
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA
38.9 N 77.2 W
USDA Zone 7