Re: chat messages

In a message dated 05/29/2004 1:02:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Zemuly@aol.com writes:

> Anybody  have a good trick for getting snarls out of long cat fur when the
> cat will  only rarely let herself be caught?

Wish I did.  My fat white cat doesn't wash herself any farther back than her
shoulders.  I used to think she was just too fat to reach, but I've decided
that she is just a natural slob.  Of the many cats I've had in my life, this is
the first really dirty one.  She gets real knots of matted hair on her back,
then goes out and rolls in the gravel drive and it is all gray and
awful-looking.  Not pleasant to touch.  She loves to be petted, and when you pet her, she
washes a paw or her shoulder vigorously the whole time, but never any farther
back (including where she needs it most).  When it gets really bad, I just
take fingernail scissors and cut out the mats.  She will hold still for it -
likes the attention.  Of course she looks stupid for a while with great chunks cut
out of her fur all across her back, but it grows back, and it isn't really
any worse-looking than the dirty mats.
Thank goodness the other three are as fastidious as cats should be.