Re: gardening today

Donna, if your plants seem to be thriving and there's no standing
water in any hole dug, then do not worry.  The soil is just moist and
the plants are enjoying it.  It's obviously draining somewhere or
you'd find standing water in a hole.

Soil here is on the wet side as we've had a good deal of rain; makes
pulling the billions of weeds easier:-)

In early April, I cleared every weed out of my old veggie garden that
I now use as holding beds.  I was working my way down the drive and
up the path to that area and looked up...horrified to see that the
formerly pristine beds of hellebores were completely covered in huge
weeds....an hour or so later and several immense piles (my compost
bin is up to the brim), the poor children can breathe again, but that
whole durn area needs another going over....sheesh!  I weeded for 9
straight hours today; old bod is letting me know about that!

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi
All Suite101.com garden topics :