Re: OT was Andreas bites now dogs

> I think I need to not answer the phone if he calls again. THe problem is,
> his wife and I are close friends, so what to do? I DO NOT want him
> terrorizing my dogs!

Some people use a squirt gun to get their pet's attention.  It sounds like
if you'd had one handy, it would've been more appropriate to squirt him.
I bet it would've worked, too.

It always scares me when people tell me that I'm smart, because that means
that a lot of people are dumber than me.  :)  And I think your story
illustrated one such case.

In my years of experience (did I say years?  Sorry, I meant months) I've
learned that it's important to keep your cool if anyone's doing anything
with your pets.  They're counting on you for protection, and as pack
leader/alpha it's your duty to stay calm.  Otherwise they sense your
change in energy and things just rapidly spiral out of control.

Of course, it's easier said than done.  Sometimes I have a very hard time
keeping calm around Romeo (or sometimes I even fail).  Ahh, the joys of
being human!

I think I'm rambling.

> Sorry for the vent, just had to share that one. I honestly am amazed at the
> idiocy of  people.

Hey, vent away!  That's part of the reason we're all here!  :)

Chris