From: Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center [mailto: 4042N15@nationalhearing.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 11:44:02 -0600
Subject: Re: [CHAT] so Kitty---

Thanks for asking Donna. I was so worried I was going to be rained
out.<br>They had called for 70% chance of rain. I priced some items Wed
night and<br>Thurs i pulled some into garage to mark because it was
raining, then more<br>Fri am when it wasn't (I had Fri & Sat off). Broke
for awhile to go to a job<br>interview - he said I wasn't 'trendy'
enough. Then plugged away at tagging<br>the rest until about 5pm at
which time it started raining, lightly. My<br>garage was packed full of
plants that I knew I could not set up the next am<br>by 7:30, so I
started setting up all the tables in the rain with plastic to<br>protect
the wooden ones. I brought plants out to the tables until the
rain<br>got heavier and then covered them with dropcloths. Rained the
rest of the<br>night. Weatherman said rain in the morning.. Next
morning, Sat, sale day,<br>I got up about 4:30. Not raining. Moved all
the rest of the plants out to<br>tables. The display stretched about 70
feet with some of the displays<br>having 2, 3, or 4 tiers. Then I lugged
out all the heavy produce boxes and<br>a few regular garage sale items.
It didn't rain the entire day. Got a<br>little chilly, then warm again,
but all in all, a really nice day.<br>I sold almost everything,
plantwise. Nobody wants Blue Flag Iris, 20 of<br>which had been given to
me because they hadn't sold at the MG sale. Now<br>I'll just take the 12
left (I gave 7 away free) back to the next MG sale.<br>Other than that,
I had about a dozen plants left. Made $1150, but that<br>includes about
$50-70 of regular garage sale stuff. Still, it's a new<br>record for
me.<br><br>Then I had to work at our MG nursery all day Sunday, digging
and potting<br>things for our May sale. My dogs are barking. My back is
aching. I'm<br>actually gald to be back at work where I can rest. I'm
"Donna" <gossiper@sbcglobal.net><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent:
Saturday, April 30, 2005 7:12 PM<br>Subject: [CHAT] so Kitty---<br><b

r><br>> How did your plant sale go today? Did you get rained
message text UNSUBSCRIBE

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com