Re: Hummingbird is back!

It's amazing what raccoons can reach.  The hummingbird feeder, and
the suet feeders for woodpeckers, are suspended from hooks on the
edge of the garage roof - hang about 18" below the eave.  The darn
raccoons come over the roof and pull them up.  We've tried wire,
wiring the feeders to the hooks, lots of tricks.  The raccoons can't
always manage to get them unwired but they can do other damage.
Add to that they leave piles of ... um...fecal matter on the roof, which
annoys me no end.  Not my favorite wildlife.
Auralie

In a message dated 05/02/2005 10:19:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,